Saturday, April 27, 2013

Design for a Cause


It is not super colorful but I thought as a cancer foundation awareness poster it shouldn't be too over the top. Brain Cancer's ribbon color is grey so I stuck with colors that complimented it nicely such as blues and purples. The main focal point would be the picture which I framed with flowers, but the eye is quickly swept up around the image by the ribbon design so I think the composition works well for keeping the eye moving. 

The Gayle Sheldon Memorial Foundation for Brain Cancer Awareness is something close to me because Gayle was my grandmother and her children started the foundation in order to raise awareness and provide aid for those in the community cancer center. It was Gayle's last wish to continue to help those who suffer from the disease, she donated her tumor to cancer research in hopes that one day they would have a better understanding and be able to save lives. I wanted this poster to capture the beauty of my grandmothers spirit as well as be bold enough to catch the viewers attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment